- Feature Links
- Mandatory Training
Mandatory Training for Stafford County
Public Safety Personnel & External Partners
Homeland Security Presidential Directive Five, (HSPD-5) requires all federal departments and agencies to adopt the National Incident Management System, (NIMS) and to use it in their individual domestic incident management and emergency prevention, preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation programs and activities, as well as in support of all actions taken to assist state, local or tribal entities. The directive also requires federal departments and agencies to make adoption of the NIMS by state and local organizations a condition for federal preparedness assistance beginning in federal fiscal year 2005. Certain identified Stafford County employees and regional partners that have an identified role in the Stafford County Emergency Operators Plan (EOP) should start taking these courses. IS-100 is mandatory for all identified personal. These online courses are free of charge; a completion certificate will be mailed to you for your training records. Here is a NIMS Compliance Matrix that will identify who is required to complete the training and what level.
FEMA IS-700: NIMS, an Introduction, ICS-100: Introduction to ICS or equivalent
First Line, Single Resource, Field Supervisors
IS-700, ICS-100 and ICS-200: Basic ICS or its equivalent
Strike Team Leaders, Division Supervisors, EOC Staff, etc.
IS-700, IS-800 NRP, ICS-100, ICS-200, and ICS-300
Command and General Staff
Area, Emergency and EOC Managers
IS-700, IS-800, ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-300 and ICS-400
Please visit the home page of the Emergency Management Institute for further information.
NIMS and Incident Command System training are available online from the Emergency Management Institute:
- IS-100.b - Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-100.LEb - Introduction to the Incident Command System for Law Enforcement
- IS-100.PWb - Introduction to the Incident Command System for Public Works Personnel
- IS-100.FWa - Basic Incident Command System for Federal Disaster Workers
- IS-200b - ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700a - National Incident Management System, An Introduction
- IS-800b - National Response Plan (NRP), An Introduction